Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Love Your Enemies...

...and bless those who curse you. Do good to those who persecute you, and pray for those who spitefully use you.

Is that impossible? Of all the things asked of me that I have difficulty with, this is the worst. I simply do not know how. How do I forgive someone who takes joy in watching me suffer? Someone who is willing to destroy entire families, careers, and relationships in hopes of seeing a single tear? How does a person like that fit into this? Am I not supposed to fight back? And if so, where is the line drawn? Where does it stop being self-preservation and start being vengeance?

I don't think I can do it.

I have made so many mistakes. I acknowledge them, and accept them. I am willing to spend the rest of my life making them right. I understand that I have to pay the consequences of my actions, but I can't help praying every day for leniency, for understanding, for just one more chance to do the right thing...I never make the same mistake twice.

I am trying so hard not to hate.

How do I stop...



No comments:

Post a Comment